SEE THE MOLDYVAGINA SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM

Google

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Squirrels, chipmunks etc.......

I love to craft. Especially scrapbook. You can get carried away with all the clippings, arranging,
designing. What fun. Well one day I was intent on finishing up a project in my craft room.
My craft room was part of as one car attached garage my husband had tried to finish for me. He never did get it quite finished and the ceiling remained sheet rock.

The squirrels have made a home above the garage and so lived above my craft room. We tried to trap them, poison them and they are just too crafty. NO pun intended They chew on the wood, and have chewed thru the lights in the room so I have to use a clamp on flood light to do my crafting.

I had been listening to the squirrels chew away in the attic above me. Like a hamster with a wooden chew stick. There was chirping, scampering.
I had really grown accustomed to it. (Strange isn't the things you can get used to. )
As I was bent over the table, intent on my work. I saw some white powdery substance fall on my shoulder. Then on the front of my shirt. I looked up and there it was . A hole. A newly chewed hole in the sheet rock.. If I didn't figure out something soon, a squirrel would be joining my scrapbook party. I grabbed the broom and Pounded on the ceiling with the broom handle. Boom Boom Boom!! Then again Boom Boom Boom!! I heard what sounded like a herd of squirrels making a mass exodus for the exit. I ran to the window and looked out at the entrance of the lair as they bolted out of the attic and for the Oak trees.
It has been a few years now and they have not come back to the spot they were chewing on. Who knows I may have scared them silly. Well, now the house has to come down and really Taping the hole up with some duct tape really makes no sense at this point. So it remains as a constant reminder of who lives upstairs.

No comments: